In my private practice, I work primarily with:
* Children (4-12 years)
* Adolescents (13-18 years)
* Young Adults/College Students (18-30's)
* Parents & Family Systems
I offer both short-term and long-term psychotherapy. I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, and tailor a personalized approach to address your specific individual needs. My goal is to help you achieve your pursuit of growth and transformation.
I have over 12-years of experience providing counseling services to children, adolescents, and adults. I have worked within a therapeutic group home serving adolescents, at an alternative outdoor high school with adolescents, at two different outpatient mental health clinics serving children, adolescents, adults, family systems, and couples, at an alternative high school with adolescents, at an elementary school serving children, and finally at my private practice serving children, adolescents, and adults.
More recently, I've begun to combine traditional psychotherapy training with intuitive healing and guidance when appropriate. This brings in a new understanding through higher knowledge and wisdom.
During your time with you, you can expect to feel:
* Emotionally Safe
* Our work focused and tailored to your specific needs: This is about YOU
I use an eclectic approach with my clients, which means I use a combination of research based methodologies that will fit your specific needs.
In addition to a variety of methods, research shows that the most powerful factors in therapeutic success includes: 1. Power of the Therapeutic Relationship and Hope for Change, 2. Learning how to relax your body and regulate your emotions, 3. Applying those skills while discussing situations that have brought you to therapy.
Research also proves that feedback between client and therapist enhances the therapeutic relationship. I will bring my knowledge and skills to our work, while asking you to provide feedback on how to best support you; evaluating each session as we work together and appreciating honest feedback. This process not only allows you to feel progress and relief sooner, it also helps you save money and learn wonderful communication skills for other relationships in your life. You deserve that and more.
This is a short list of TYPICAL STRUGGLES you or your child may present with:
* Family Changes
* Life Transitions
* Grief and Loss
* Anxiety and Fears
* Trauma and PTSD
* Anger Management
* Stress Management
* Infertility or Post Partum Adjustments
* Divorce or Co-Parenting
* Academic Issues
* Self-injurious Behavior
* Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
* Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
* Chemical Dependency Concerns
* Sexual Identity Exploration or Concerns
* Autism Spectrum Disorder(s)
My education and training experiences have included philosophies of:
I see myself as an Intuitive Therapist. I bring in traditional psychotherapy training combined with Energy Healing and Intuitive guidance.
* Past Life Regression Therapy - Taught by Dr. Brian Weiss
* Experiential Play Therapy - Taught by Dr. Byron Norton
* Subtle Energy Medicine Healing - Taught by Cyndi Dale
* Person-Centered Therapy
* Art Therapy
* Strengths-based Therapy
* Cognitive Behavioral Therapy & Cognitive Therapy (CBT & CT)
* Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
* Psychodynamic & Relational Therapy
* Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)