Are you struggling?
Are you ready to feel happier & healthier? Life happens: you may be on probation from college due to GPA/grades, you may have moved away from home for the first time, you might have experienced a divorce, you want a baby but struggle getting pregnant, your child may be struggling and you don't know how to help him/her, your romantic relationship is a rollercoaster ride, you may have lost your job or struggling to find a job, or you may have encountered a very traumatic situation that was out of your control. You don't need to struggle alone. It takes courage to change!
Do you really need "Professional help" though?
At times, everyone feels sad, anxious, worried, angry, and confused. A good heart to heart with friends, some exercise, or family support can help ease pain. Other times, your problems won't go away so easily!
As a young adult, not only are you in multiple life transitions all at the same time (moving from home, starting-ending college courses, building and transforming friendships, romantic up and downs, deciding your "life path" and "career goals", entering back into your family after being away (ex: holidays or breaks), starting careers and changing jobs in a difficult economy, contemplating marriage and building a family, among many others), but you are also living your day to day life with all of those situations echoing in the background!
As an adult, you will have your own unique growing pains, unexpected moments where life doesn't quite go how you'd anticipated, and you will be navigating these changes by yourself at times. You might try to reach out to friends or family, but their advice feels unhelpful, you feel judged, like you are a burden to their "busy lives", or they don't listen as well as you'd hoped they would.
This is where professional support from a psychologist can help! I will provide a non-judgmental, encouraging, gently challenging and supportive environment for you to learn, grow, and process along the way. You don't have to struggle alone.
Don't hesitate to reach out for support, I am just a call or email away.
Have you noticed:
* You're struggling to get out of bed in the morning?
* Are you in a life transition and wondering how you'll ever be happy again?
* Are you using more drugs or alcohol than you want to?
* Does it feel like everyone else is happier than you?
* You don't have the energy levels or motivation you used to have?
* Are you struggling to handle all the demands of your college life?
* You feel worried or stressed more often than not?
* It feels like too much work to maintain relationships or do your daily activities?
* You don't feel as interested in activities you used to enjoy?
* Your relationships are up and down a lot?
* You feel alone or misunderstood?
* You want to sleep all the time or you can't sleep when you need to?
* You aren't certain how to address your child's struggles or needs at this point in their life?
* You wonder how you ended up where you are and you want to change those patterns?
* You feel stuck and you are noticing patterns repeating themselves - in your relationships, at home, or your workplace?
* You feel burnt out and long for a vacation away from your problems?
* You feel like your anger will get you in trouble someday?
* You are engaging in self-injurious behavior and find it difficult to figure it out on your own (cutting, burning, promiscuity, etc)?
* You have suicidal ideation that is sticking around this time?
* You are wondering what to do after highschool, college, or in the middle of your life?
* _____________________________(Insert your response)